This was our first BENEFIT CONCERT. We all spent a wonderful, bridge-building afternoon and evening together – for the Moria Grace children, the neighbourhood and actually for everybody to come together. At the entrance, all the guests first got a little giraffe sticker to put on their shirts. The giraffe represents peaceful communication, a big heart and is also a symbol of Namibia. > Picture gallery. Here you can read who joined us:
1) Children circus Lumino – three artistic clowns! They manage their trainings, costumes and program completely without adults. They are pupils of the Waldorf School.
2) Dance Group of the Katutura Art Centre – two groups, two ages – they called us just one day before! It was a powerful and joyful performance.
3) Cordula Weiss (cello), Jürgen Kriess (violin) and Ulrich Busch (guitar) – they gave out many percussion instruments to the Moria Grace children and then played together – the children loved it!
4) Traditional Dance of the workers of the Moria Grace Shelter – unbelievable!!!
5) ELEMOTHO (singer/guitar) – his voice is brilliant, he played Namibian songs and later started a jam session with Julian Stauffer from Switzerland (percussion).6) Symphony Brass Orchestra Katutura – the hole group came spontanously!
7) Theater performed by the children of Moria Grace with Mother Wilhelmina – about „streetkids loo king for a new home – and at the and find their way to Moria Grace“
8) Dance Group Moria Grace – girls performance between the age of 14 and 16, modern style and dynamic!
At the end of the big party. Everybody was happy. We finished the evening around the fire. // Many thanks to Finkenstein Quelle for all their donations (100 bottles of delicious mineralwater, homemade fruit tea and many cakes), to Plastiprint (Blohmst./Windhoek) for free printing for our flyers and posters, to Margret Bried (Waldorf School) – who made 100 little Giraffe stickers together with grad 3 (Alex from Eventstudio – he built up the stage/PA) and thanks to all the others helpers including the allgemeine zeitung.